Energy Assistance/ Weatherization/ Water Assistance


I need help with a 48-Hour Notice or a shut-off.

Do you need help paying your energy bill? If you have a 48-Hour Notice or if service has been shut-off, we may be able to help. CAPMC provides emergency assistance with 48-Hour Notices or shut-offs to those who qualify. Assistance is available once a year with some restrictions.PG&E Assistance

Instructions for LIHEAP Applicants(English)

Instructions for LIHEAP Applicants(Spanish)

I need help with a regular PG&E bill or with propane.

CAPMC provides a once a year credit towards your current PG&E or propane bill. If you qualify, this credit can take up to 90 days to appear on your account (from the day the application is processed) and is not for emergency assistance. Anyone over 18 years old who lives in the household may apply. Households may only apply once per program year. Assistance is subject to eligibility and availability of funds.

Eligibility is based on:

  • The type of bill you currently have;
  • Total income received by all who live in the home at the time of the application;
  • The number of people in the home at the time of the application;
  • The last time you applied for assistance;
  • The type of assistance (48-Hour/shut-off/current bill) you have applied for in the past;
  • and Any other requirements mandated by funding sources at the time of the application.


If you apply with a 48-Hour Notice or a shut-off and you qualify for assistance, CAPMC staff will contact PG&E during your appointment to make a pledge on your account. This pledge notifies PG&E of the amount you may be eligible to receive and remains on your account for 60 days until payment is made by the program.

If you apply with a current bill, or for propane or wood and you qualify for assistance, it can take up to 90 days from the day your application is processed for the program to issue credit to your account. It is your responsibility to continue making payments until you see a credit on your account.

I want to see a month-to-month reduction in your PG&E bill.

The California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program is offered by PG&E as a way to reduce your energy bill by 20% per month if you qualify. You may apply for CARE when you apply for any of our energy assistance programs, or you may pick up an application in person at our main office Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.

Indoor Air Quality Issues and Concerns

Are you concerned about the quality of the air inside your home or in the child care facility where your children are attending. The Environmental Protection Agency has prepare a number of papers addressing various causes of air quality problems inside building. Here are links to three important topics involving Indoor Air Quality: ·

Lead-Safe Certified Guide to Renovate Right (en Español)

· A Citizen’s Guide to Radon (en Español)

· A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home (en EspañoI)